The association represents the collaborative nature of its organizational members. By working together, these organizations seek to achieve the following goals:
- Serve as a unified industry voice in tax administration matters.
- Promote and improve the relationship and communication between NACTP member companies and government tax agencies.
- Encourage the standardization of tax forms; the timely distribution and clarification of forms, instructions, and regulations; and the simplification of approval procedures.
- Promote the standardization and simplification of electronic filing systems.
- Promote the standardization and simplification of unemployment and withholding wage filing processing systems.
- Maintain professional standards in the computerized tax processing industry.
- Function as a nonprofit association formed for the mutual benefit of its members.